ACCEPTABLE ad file formats:
• Adobe Products Acrobat (Press-quality PDF files with fonts embedded is preferred)
• InDesign (INDD with accompanying links and fonts included)
• Illustrator (EPS or AI files— with accompanying links and fonts included)
• Photoshop (JPG)
NOT ACCEPTED for ad layout files:
• Powerpoint, Word* (other than plain text), Publisher, Excel, Freehand, Corel Draw, Paint, Quark
*If ad submission is plain text, Word is acceptable. No artwork, no logos included.
• NO gif or png images accepted; images from the web are not suitable for printing.
• Vector artwork should be saved in .AI or .EPS format with fonts and images embedded, or all images and fonts must be supplied.
• All screen and printer fonts must be provided.
• We will substitute with similar fonts if originals are not submitted.
• Text can be converted to outlines, but if proofing errors are discovered, new art will need to be submitted.
• Keep live matter at least 1/4″ inside trim dimensions on all sides.
Boulevard Magazine ads (4c print):
• Image resolution: 300dpi
• Line art, including text set in Photoshop: 600-1200 dpi
NOTE: Type will reproduce best if set in a page layout program. Make sure black text is 100% black and NOT made of multiple color builds.
• Magazine is printed in CMYK. No RGB colors. (Ad files containing RGB or spot colors will be converted to CMYK which may cause an undesired shift in color appearance.)