If you are unfamiliar with print ads, please read to the end to avoid a graphic design charge.
Submission files must be at 100% of the ad size you are running via the dimensions shown above.
The following digital file types are accepted:
ACCEPTABLE ad file formats:
• Adobe Products Acrobat (Press-quality PDF files with fonts embedded is preferred)
• InDesign (INDD with accompanying links and fonts included)
• Illustrator (EPS or AI files— with accompanying links and fonts included)
• Photoshop (JPG)
NOT ACCEPTED for ad layout files:
• Powerpoint, Word* (other than plain text), Publisher, Excel, Freehand, Corel Draw, Paint, Quark
*If ad submission is plain text, Word is acceptable. No artwork, no logos included.
• NO gif or png images accepted; images from the web are not suitable for printing.
• Vector artwork should be saved in .AI or .EPS format with fonts and images embedded, or all images and fonts must be supplied.
• All screen and printer fonts must be provided.
• We will substitute with similar fonts if originals are not submitted.
• Text can be converted to outlines, but if proofing errors are discovered, new art will need to be submitted.
• Keep live matter at least 1/4″ inside trim dimensions on all sides.
Boulevard Magazine ads (4c print):
• Image resolution: 300dpi
• Line art, including text set in Photoshop: 600-1200 dpi
NOTE: Type will reproduce best if set in a page layout program. Make sure black text is 100% black and NOT made of multiple color builds.
• Magazine is printed in CMYK. No RGB colors. (Ad files containing RGB or spot colors will be converted to CMYK which may cause an undesired shift in color appearance.)
If you are unsure if your ad will suffice, or do not have a proper print ad, Boulevard will create one for you for an additional cost.
If you have any questions about your ad design or file, please email Julie Fanning at email@example.com.